Lovely Grain Studio is a small, handmade business specializing in wooden signage and laser cutting. We are looking for someone to assist with production and order fulfillment. A desire to work with your hands, attention to detail, and high level of craftsmanship is key. No experience with woodworking machinery or lasers is required (but is a plus!).
- You enjoy hands on work and don’t mind repetition in tasks
- You’re detail oriented
- You are self motivated
- You are curious; you don’t mind learning new techniques, machinery, or production methods.
- You are flexible! As with any growing business, this can be a shifting environment. There’s a shared understanding that we are learning as we go.
- This can be physical work; must be able to lift 25lbs regularly.
A typical day involves…
- Sanding and preparing materials for production
- Staining/finishing materials
- Sign assembly
- Packing orders for shipment
- Shop cleanup/organization
- Operating laser; LGS to provide training
- Running power equipment; based on skill/comfort level. LGS to provide training.
- Occasional opportunities to work as a LGS vendor at markets
- Coordinate production schedule
- All work is produced at LGS workshop in Columbus OH.
- Most of the work is physical labor; expect to stand and move around most of the day.
- Dress is casual; the workshop environment can be messy!
- This is an at-will employment opportunity. Compensation depends on experience.
- LGS will provide training; we expect you to be proactive in the process and learn quickly.
Interested? Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch!